A Senior Information Architect acts as a customer and developer evangelist who understands informational needs and ensures creation of information experiences that help drive product development, adoption and evangelism.
A NXN Senior Information Architect helps drive the product transition from concept and early origins of terminology to reality and shape our information architecture strategy for smart city, smart district and eGovernment as well as our telecom, eHealth and commercial customers.
Job Location : UAE
Job Type : Full time
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for analysing, managing and governing data and information across all projects, define the way in which our clients plan, identifies, governs, and uses information.
- Plan information architecture by studying the project concept and strategy; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure, features, functionality, user-interface design.
- Demonstrate data model management and skilled in information architecture, navigation.
- Create an information, content and learning framework and strategy, and behaviour analysis, to make a diverse scope of internal documentation spaces easier to consume and inspire documentation evangelism.
- Drive the content baseline analysis and content inventory audit, using resultant data points to develop and propose an overall content strategy for internal documentation.
- Establish standards and guidelines for internal content across the organization, engaging with cross-functional stakeholders for ongoing governance.
- Consult as an expert with designers and others on terminology, taxonomy, ontology and navigational structure strategy to drive uniform standards, and ensure taxonomy management and ontology management supports effective information discovery and enabling meaningful search results and navigation.
- Identify content needs and behaviours through research and data, and customer context-based needs, such as industry and vertical markets.
- Provide actionable recommendations to authors and stakeholders based on research.
- Monitor information investments to track them through metrics and analytics.
- Proactively seek and use input from data sources, the business, and customer feedback.
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations, behaviour and learning styles of our target audiences to increase the relevance and effectiveness of content and information.
- Align and work closely with peer managers across NXN and alliances partners as it pertains to data management consulting.
- Professional environment in an informal atmosphere and high emphasis on teamwork.
External Contractors, including remotely and on client site:
- You will manage both internal employees and external data management consultants and partner data service providers assigned to data management initiatives for the data content delivery and managed services within your domain.
- You will have responsibility for cross border, remote and multi-local team management and leadership for data management content.
Reporting and Engagement Relationships:
The Senior Information Architect will report to the Director, Data Practice, Data Strategy and CDO Advisory Services and will work closely with a range of internal parties, including but not restricted to:
- NXN partners
- Sales teams
- Practice leads
- Technology teams
- Product Management
- Human Resources
Profile of successful candidate:
The successful candidate will need to possess a stellar work ethic and must have information / data architecture experience gained working with an established organisation.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable in situations ranging from semantic authoring discussions to data models and enjoy learning and understanding technology and infrastructure.
You are technical, adept listeners with a passion for technology, content, and customers. You seek to design a data and information portrayal of content, learning, knowledge, information and create value through clarity. You love data centric manifesto principles as well as clean API object model and clean code approach, entity relationship diagram and database schema and pursue accuracy in definition.
In this role, you will focus on enablement, structure and cohesion of data centric information architecture on our information and data model as part of the information architecture strategy.
Develop and articulately communicate Information Management principles, information models and provide leadership in information and data management.
- Ensure the right governance and capability in relations to Information and data Management.
- Create and maintain metrics and process documentation, ensuring the monitoring and reporting compliance with information-related standards are being met.
- Collaborate with different organisations and their departments to ensure information and data is correct and accessible with the business systems.
- Work with different business units, understand the relation between project needs and the capabilities of the department to deliver.
- Help the business units to document the operational processes and implement process Improvements
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in Library Science, Computer Science or Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience with successful information architecture or learning behaviourist.
- 7+ years of relevant experience is with high-tech, including SaaS, learning and product content, taxonomy development and management or ontology development and management.
- 7+ years’ experience with information architecture, site structure analysis, business intelligence (BI), semantic modelling, data warehousing, data lake related experience.
- Proven experience analysing complex cross-platform, multi-service issues.
- Knowledge of OWL, Spark and open source knowledge graph tooling.
- Familiarity with database technologies and programming languages.
- Experience with interface engines, application interfaces and data conversions.
- Experience with interoperability protocols such as API object design and architecture, or taxonomy development, ontology development.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Proven results driving information and architectures that drive interoperability.
- Excellent at communicating up and across organizations.
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership and work on cross-functional projects.
- Strong self-driven time management and prioritization abilities.