The job holder is responsible to lead the Marketing & Alliances function across the NXN Group, contribute to the development of department vision and strategy, plan, prioritize and manage Marketing & Alliances different activities ranging from planning and research, to geo-marketing, alliances development, branding and communication; and alliances management for the ultimate goal of delighting customers and gaining their loyalty.
Manage the day to day relationships with relevant vendor agencies, strategic alliances and internal stakeholders.
Job Location : UAE
Job Type : Full time
Key responsibilities and duties:
Marketing Planning and Strategy:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing strategy ensuring alignment of the function outputs with business objectives and values.
- Develop an understanding of key products for relevant practices and capabilities and proactively suggest new ways to “take these to market”.
- Develop analysis of NXN network and marketing activities to assess the effectiveness of marketing with relevant metrics.
- Act as the marketing contact person for the group.
Events & Conferences:
- Manage high-impact client events.
- Secure speaking slots and where appropriate project-manage NXN participation in selected high -profile conferences across our major markets.
- Help organize the logistics of marketing events
Media/PR & Editorial:
- Develop and maintain good relationship with external counterparts in media organizations, PR and other marketing support companies.
- Manage and develop press relations to include both mainstream and trade press (with the support of an agency).
- Source and develop engaging content that will strengthen the visibility, image and reputation of the business in the Middle East.
- Lead development of localized content including Arabic copies.
- Collaborate closely with; and maintaining a network of experts across the business to support the development of engaging external content.
- Secure high-profile press interviews and/or TV appearances for selected NXN partners, supporting them through the process. Primary focus on media which are relevant either to a global or pan-regional audience, and/or to our core markets in the region.
- Manage any PR issues anywhere across the region working closely with appropriate external support.
- Ensure articles and other NXN IP is published in relevant media.
- Maintain a library of NXN articles, events and other IP.
Digital & Social Media:
- Develop and implement digital communications campaigns and content across all channels to ensure optimized digital footprint targeting all constituencies e.g. client, press, recruits, employees, with a focus either on pan-regional and the core markets. This will include social media targeting potential recruits.
- Manage and maintain the NXN website, to meet the needs of our diverse range of audiences e.g. clients, potential clients, press, potential recruits and employees to reinforce the brand whilst representing important local geographies and NXN expertise.
Alliances Relationship Management & Business Development Support:
- Develop an understanding of the strategic alliances for practices and capabilities and suggest potential networking routes to these partner organizations. Develop dedicated plans for priority accounts using available tools to gather data on clients and prospects and support business development.
- Ensure clarity and consistency, acting as the guardian of a core set of materials both offline and online with ready access for use in alliances development and similar situations.
- Manage, coach and develop the team – currently one full time employee – to ensure successful implementation of the marketing strategy.
- Ensure our brand is expressed appropriately in the physical office space across our various office locations, and in visual communication more broadly.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of marketing department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfillment of organizational requirements whilst delivering high quality services.
Reporting and Engagement Relationships:
The Marketing & Alliances Manager will report to the Head of Marketing & Alliances and will work closely with a range of internal parties, including but not restricted to:
- NXN partners
- Sales teams
- Practice leads
- Technology teams
- Product Management
- Human Resources
Profile of successful candidate:
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of B2B marketing and partner management in professional services across the Middle East region. The successful candidate will be based physically in Dubai, our regional hub, and may travel if necessary, around the region especially to our core markets of KSA and Kuwait.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS:
- A strong background in marketing communications with a proven experience in developing and delivering marketing communications strategies in a B2B context.
- Experience in managing partners and alliances and/or partner marketing.
- Previous experience of managing and coaching a team.
- Experience of managing and developing press relations with a clear understanding of the Middle East media landscape.
- The ability to develop engaging content to a high standard, and proactively source content from experts across the business.
- Hands-on experience of digital channels such as website, campaign landing pages, social media platforms, influencer marketing, Search, Mobile and SEO.
- Digitally-savvy with experience of managing digital channels and content.
- Business fluency in English as the primary working language as well fluency in oral and written Arabic; he/she will also have a high standard of written and spoken English language.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications.
- 10+ years’ experience in B2B marketing with at least 4 years in a similar role including independently managing international or regional projects in the ME region.
- Experience working at a professional services firm.
- Existing personal network of relationships with relevant media.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail ensuring accuracy and maintaining the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written with the ability to develop fruitful relationships with senior individuals and topic experts and engage them in marketing activities.
- Abilities and confidence to work independently, balanced with a strong team ethic.
- A creative and logistical approach to premium and innovative marketing with the judgement and confidence to challenge and reshape existing practices when appropriate, knowing when to take the initiative and when to flag issues for discussion and resolution.
- Resilient and adaptable to an environment in which constant and fast-paced change is the norm.
- Able to represent the brand in a world where our status as a leading firm in consultancy and digital solutions requires that we consistently partner with all parties with whom we engage.