The job holder is responsible to lead the data management function across the NXN Group and create and nurture more principals and senior experts in the team. The Data Management Principal Consultant must have a track record as a leader in driving data managements for 7-10 years.
The job holder will need to be able to work in a vibrant and collaborative environment and thrive in an evolving, growth-oriented focused data practice while leading, growing and modernizing the data management discipline and leading the data management team within the Data Practice. The team will cover data governance, metadata management, data quality, data policy and standards and data processes.
The job holder must be constantly looking how to do things better to deliver value from data works.
Job Location : UAE
Job Type : Full time
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver value driven data management initiatives focused on governmental clients within agreed time-frames, business outcomes and budgets.
- Maintain and develop existing client relationships. Be the content Principal for the data management discipline and forge trusted relationships with clients to create a collaborative approach to deepen and expand client engagement with meaningful and valuable data initiatives.
- Initiate new business opportunities for our consultancy and manage services for data management.
- Lead and grow a team of data consultants as well as mentor and coach data talent.
- Manage external data management resources to support the data management portfolio.
- Manage data management team in an agile methodology on a day-to-day basis within the data portfolio of offerings.
- Engage and align with technical teams will also be required.
- Align and work closely with peer managers across NXN and alliances partners as it pertains to data management consulting.
- Professional environment in an informal atmosphere and high emphasis on teamwork.
External Contractors, including remotely and on client site:
- You will manage both internal employees and external data management consultants and partner data service providers assigned to data management initiatives for the data content delivery and managed services within your domain.
- You will have responsibility for cross border, remote and multi-local team management and leadership for data management content.
Reporting and Engagement Relationships:
The Data Management Principal Consultant will report to the Director, Data Practice, Data Strategy and CDO Advisory Services and will work closely with a range of internal parties, including but not restricted to:
- NXN partners
- Sales teams
- Practice leads
- Technology teams
- Product Management
- Human Resources
Profile of successful candidate:
The successful candidate will need to possess a stellar work ethic and have the same ease to engage clients on consultative initiatives as driving the best data solutions with your data management team.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of senior data management consultant and senior data management practitioner experience in data governance, data policy and standards, data privacy, metadata management and data quality management, data process and data operations. You will organize the team to optimally represent the NXN Data Practice in the data management pillar as the market leader among digital native consulting practices.
Successful candidates should also possess exemplary focus on team building, talent growth and resource placement for optimal and exceptional client satisfaction on consultative initiatives. While at the client, the Principal’s attention to detail, strong communicative skills and stakeholder profile identification and engagement will be essential criteria to select a successful client.
Analytic ability is second nature which you apply to data initiatives scope assessment, during stakeholder engagement, in the delivery and post care stages of initiatives to stay in tune with the clients content needs with the ability to translate and communicate this into appropriate action from the data governance team.
You will be familiar with waterfall, Kanban and Agile initiative methodologies and be comfortable to flex between among methodologies to accommodate customer preferences yet delivery the highest quality outcomes for all NXN customers.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING
- Possess the ability to make a strong business impact through aligning data offering to client situational context.
- Develop a high level of Client Engagement with data management impactful topics to address client inquiry, RPF’s and data products and service request.
- Analytic & Performance responsibility for Data Management Portfolio. Management support to the Director, Data Practice on planning and analysis of the Data Portfolio.
- Team Leadership on content development and team building within and across functional areas.
- Talent Management focused on modern and innovative data management practice evolution.
- Collaborating and alignment data initiatives and manage services portfolio with the Head of Data Science & Data Engineering.
- Share knowledge and skills across our multi-location offices – our international team provides discerning expert advice.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- A BA, MA, MS Bachelor’s Degree in various fields such as economic, business administration, operations, marketing, engineering, library science, natural sciences, computer science or related fields; or MBA with a strong quantitative emphasis.
- 10+ years work experience with managerial responsibility with at least 7 years and a minimum 5 years leading data teams.
- A Data Management Certification; CDMP, CMMI – DMM, CIP, CIMP, / or other data management certifications or at least 5 years with demonstrative senior data management practitioner.
- Senior level stakeholder management skills, management consulting skills, Project Management Training and/or Certification in one PMP, Prince2, Scrum, Agile.
- Senior Data Management Practitioner and/or Data Architect experience with senior Data Governance practitioner experience and or Senior Data Modeler with extensive Data Governance Practitioner experience.
- Exposure to capture and categorization tooling for Information Management, and Content, Document management is a plus.
- Experience with Technology Savvy and formal tooling solution such as Microsoft 365, Data Governance Tooling, Data Modelling Tooling, Portfolio Management tooling
- Extensive experience of data products such as data catalogues, business glossaries, data dictionaries, data models, data architectural models, data governance charters, data policies and data standards,
- Experience with References, Master data, Metadata and content management.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to translate data into a business story.
- Experience with leading RFP responses, consultative proposals for data management programs and data managed services.
- Strong analytics skills with the ability to interpret data analysis results and convert them into insightful client value.
- Creative problem solver who has a natural ability to be innovative with solving complex problems and can inspire others on the team.